Saturday 30 March 2013

Violets.

There's a blob at the bottom of this fabric page where I dropped some water on it.
I'm plucking up the courage to draw some violets down in that corner to cover it up.


I used my watercolour pencils and then added the detail with Sharpie pens.


The Sharpie pens bled into the fabric a bit. I would love some fine liners that worked on fabric and didn't do that.
I'm not confident at drawing but I'm happy enough with how it looks. I back stitched the flowers and added some acrylic paint.



This is the gate that I chopped out from something else I made. I stitched a few flowers on.


So -  apart from a bit of writing to go on this - I think I might have a couple of pages fitting together at last!


3 comments:

nigelgreen52 said...

This is great stuff Mary, I like the violets (and the gate !!)

snoopysgranny said...

Thanking you, kind bro-in-law x

crazydazy said...

two beautiful pages, your violets are very good, ali