Tuesday 26 March 2013

IKEA Birds.

I love seeing all the birds in the garden at this time of the year. This lovely birdy scarf was a Mother's Day present.
It reminded me of my IKEA fabric that I was playing about with right at the beginning of my fabric book project.




I cut out the spotty 1/2 of a bird,  below bottom right.


Coloured him in with Sharpie pens. Gathered together all my scrappy bits.



Stab stitched on small strips of fabric and wool.


I've cut him out and frayed the edges.


I liked making him so much that I've moved on to this blue tit now.



I'm going to tuck the 1/2 bird at the side of this page.


I wasn't sure what type of a bird he was. I couldn't call him 1/2 bird.
My friend, Pamela, says he looks like a 'woodland bird'.
So that's what he is.


2 comments:

crazydazy said...

the half bird has worked out well....nice fabric....I wonder do they still have it in stock,
have a nice easter,
ali

snoopysgranny said...

Thanks Ali. Was ages ago I bought the bird fabric.
Any eggs left in those nests you knitted?