Friday, 19 April 2013

Summer flowers.

 I don't mind this kind of ironing!  Lovely bright cottons and Bondaweb.


The colours of summer flowers. 



I used my £1 shop flower shapes to draw around on to the fabrics, then cut them out and ironed them on to my fabric page.



I cut out the stems and leaf shapes freehand. It reminded me of patchwork days, when I was getting back into sewing.


I liked this as it was and didn't want to stitch on it.


I used a cotton bud and some white acrylic paint and added some centres to the flowers.
Then I took some advice from my craft group pals. They thought the pieces might eventually lift when the pages are being turned. 
So now I'm holding the shapes down with a simple running stitch.
More work - but this is going to be a quick piece.


I though these embossed paper butterflies might look nice at the top of my picture. I made them with the Big Shot machine. I tried stitching on them and colouring them with metallic pens but not sure if they look right.  




I think I'll leave it as it is.



1 comment:

Ali Hogg said...

very colourful page for your book, ali