Wednesday 4 November 2015

Halloween.

I went to see the parade and the fireworks in Derry this Halloween. The 'grandwains' dressed up as Lego characters. It was buzzing, mad, grand, flat to the mat, the craic was 90, Happy Days.  Just some of the colloquialisms I hear when I'm up there.


The weather was gorgeous and the next day we went for a walk in the woods close to where my son lives.





The kids had fun on a swing.







The light was perfect for photos. I took a close up of the bark.


I thought the bark might make a good subject for practising my drawing. I've been going to a drawing class for 5 weeks now and it's challenging. When I signed up for the class I assumed I'd be starting from scratch.
It's not quite like that because, although I'm a beginner, some of the class have experience.
So I'm just getting on with it. Looking. Listening. Learning.


We went for a walk on the beach at Kinnagoe where I collected some shells.



Then I drew them for this week's homework.




No comments: