Wednesday 12 February 2014

Fast Cakes.

I've been doing a bit of baking today because there's a Valentine's Tea Party and Cake Sale at my craft group tomorrow.
I used to always follow Delia Smith's recipes but, thanks to the Great British Bake Off,  I've been trying out Mary Berry's recipes just lately.
I own quite a few cook books but none by Mary Berry so when I saw this one for 'Fast Cakes', and only £2.99, I  bought it!
I like quick and easy recipes with not too many ingredients and this book was just right, ideal for anyone who is baking for a coffee morning or a bring-and-buy sale.



This wee book contains recipes for :

  • Tray Bakes
  • Small Cakes
  • Large Cakes
  • No-Bake Cakes and Other Goodies
  • Tea Breads and Scones
  • Things that Children can make Themselves
I made Chocolate Brownies and two Lemon Cakes.

While the lemon cakes are warm you spoon over a mix of granulated sugar and lemon juice.



I cut the Chocolate Brownies in slices, they're a bit disappointing and not as moist as I think they should be, but they still taste good.


I re - named the Brownies 'Chocolate and Walnut Slices'.  Artistic Licence.

All packaged up and ready to go!

No comments: