Sunday 22 April 2012

Finishing off...

I am always leaving the fiddly bits to the end as I don't like finishing off. When I was making Father bird I could see him with a knapsack tucked under his wing. I've re-cycled a tyvek seed pod and changed it into a natural looking knapsack. It's filled it with a mix of PVA glue and seed. After all, a bird family has to eat!
seed pod knapsack
Father bird
PVA and bird seed








When I made these dolls I wasn't thinking about standing them up, or that I would be putting them into the exhibition. Hindsight is a great thing! It would have been so much easier to put stands into the bodies of the dolls when I was stitching them together. My handy man husband has made little stands for them now and I've glued them to their bodies,  under their clothes. They are a bit wobbly but I think they'll do.
'Shall We Dance'

                          I'm going to attach these two together now but there's a look in the eyes of that man doll like he's begging me not to!      

No comments: