Thursday 4 October 2012

Yarnbombing.

Now I'm not sure about this yarnbombing thing. I'm in favour of graffiti as an art form but somehow decorating the outdoors with bits of knitting and crochet seems a bit odd to me.  However, staff at the Arts Centre, where our craft group meets, have invited us to take part in an arts project involving decorating parts of our local park at Halloween.
I guess it's a kind of textile graffiti so I'm willing to give it a try.

One of our members brought in these strips of fabric to knit with. I thought they looked too good to be wrapping round trees!




Everyone dived in.. and there's no shortage of willing volunteers.



The yarn looked lovely wound up in balls.



Some of the ladies prefer to knit or crochet with wool.


We have just 3 weeks to make our strips.    6" wide x 50" long.  Here goes....

No comments: