Sunday 18 March 2012

Just plain weird!

When I was in Donegal I picked some gorse petals to try some egg dyeing. I wanted a coloured egg to go with one of the birds I'm making.
I hard- boiled the eggs along with the gorse but didn't have much success. I probably needed a whole lot more gorse.


So I boiled an egg with red food colouring. I liked the result and painted on spots with a Lumiere metallic paint. I then gave it a coat of varnish.
I like this egg but it's too big for my bird so now I'm going to try a smaller egg.



Mother bird is patiently waiting for her egg.

I'm going to tuck the egg under her feathers.

It was Mother's day today and my son gave me the ' little birds' book from the Design Collective that my friend Sharon had shown me.
Sharon is making the owls in this book and they are gorgeous.

The girl who compiled this book says she likes projects that are 'beautiful and sweet' and that she's seen her share of the odd, irregular (and just plain weird).

Well she ain't seen nothin' yet!!

Father bird, almost finished but I don't like his collar. It's coming off. And I think he needs a knapsack.
Then there's a nest to make and a suitcase and I'm thinking I might make a mouse, or a rat..........

Weird or what?

No comments: